Personal data and electronic communication
The Operator may require that access to the Site or certain of its parts or services will be subject to the registration of selected personal information (personal data) by the Users.
Each User wishing to register:
- Must provide the Operator with accurate, complete registration information and it is the User's responsibility to inform the Operator of any changes (including, in particular, changes of e-mail address) by e-mailing: email@example.com. The User should also use this e-mail address for any communication concerning the maintaining and processing of User's personal data and electronic communication (see below for more details).
- is responsible for keeping secure any passwords or access codes provided to the User upon registration and/or in order to enable User's access to the content and/or services featured at the Site.
- Since, as part of the service for which the User has registered, the Operator may send e-mails to the e-mail address provided by the User, the User warrants that he/she is entitled to receive e-mails at that address, specifically in case such e-mails will be received by the User via a computer network operated by or on behalf of a User's employer or college (or alike). The User agrees that the Operator may refrain from sending any e-mails to such address without notifying the User, even if the User has subscribed to receive them, if the Operator receives a request from the User's employer or college to stop sending e-mails to that address.
Users' consents with personal data processing and electronic communication
The Operator is required, pursuant to Czech Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on the Protection of Personal Data and on Amendments to Other Acts to obtain the User’s consent to maintain and process the User’s personal data provided by the User upon registration. The personal data will be maintained and processed by the Operator for the purpose of regulation of Users’ access to the Site or certain of its parts or services and distributing business news (business-related communication) and information on recent changes in the contents of the Site. The data processing is automated. The User’s consent is voluntary and the User may withdraw his/her consent at any time by sending a notice to this effect to the above stated e-mail address of the Operator.
By providing the User’s personal data to the Operator the User expresses his/her consent to the fact that his/her personal data will be maintained and processed as set out above.
Users have the right to access their personal data and to have it corrected. Users’ other rights are stipulated in Czech Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on the Protection of Personal Data and on Amendments to Other Acts. These rights are briefly summarized as follows:
(a) If a User discovers or has reason to believe that his/her personal data are processed in violation of the protection of the User’s private and personal life or in violation of the law, especially if such data is inaccurate with respect to the purpose of their processing, the User is entitled:
- to be given an explanation from the Operator; or,
- to ask the Operator to remedy such state. Such remedial measures may include blocking, amending, supplementing or deleting the personal data.
(b) If the Operator fails to satisfy the User’s requirement under paragraph (a), the User may appeal to the Czech Office for the Protection of Personal Data. For more information, please see www.uoou.cz.
The Operator is required, pursuant to Act No. 480/2004 Coll., on Certain Information Society Services and Amendments to Certain Acts, to obtain the User’s consent to use the User’s electronic address for the purpose of distributing business news (business-related communication) and information on recent changes in the contents of the Site as part of electronic communication. The User’s consent is voluntary and the User may withdraw his/her consent at any time by sending a notice to this effect to the above stated e-mail address of the Operator.
By providing the Operator with the User’s electronic address the User expresses his/her consent with the dissemination of business-related communication (including information on the recent changes in the contents of the Site) by the Operator and its affiliated companies to the User as part of the electronic communication between the Operator and its affiliated companies and the User.
- The Users’ consents granted hereunder are acts in law.
Home Credit International a.s.
Chairman of the Board of Directors